Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Peanut Butter-Banana Stuffed French Toast

I was watching an episode of "The Best Thing Iv'e Ever Tasted," a show on Food Network and the main subject for that episode was 'breakfast.' The best thing Chef Bobby Flay had eaten for breakfast was "Stuffed French Toast." While he was explaining were they serve it at, I was too lost in the words of the french toast being stuffed with peanut butter and bananas to pay attention. So of course, the following morning, I was eager to make some Peanut Butter-Banana Stuffed French Toast (PBBSFT)! Just as I was about to grab the bananas, I realized I didn't have any bananas! Me, with a sad face, was stuck eating cereal that morning, instead of my hot 'PBBSFT.' However, the next morning after that, after I was sure to buy bananas, I was able to make my stuffed french toast.

I made a plain peanut butter-banana sandwhich on whole-wheat bread


After I had closed the sandwhich, I soaked it into a mixture of 2 eggs, 1/8 cup of milk, salt, vanilla and:


I let it soak for about 45 seconds on each side


Cooked it on a buttered pan until the it was nice and crisp on both sides:


Then sliced it in half, dusted some powdered sugar and cinamon on top...


...drizzled some maple syrup on top, and ate it with a glass of orange juice...

..and experienced a little taste of heaven for breakfast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment