Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Banana Bread/Cake with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts

A long while back I was craving banana bread for a whole week, after I found a recipe of it I really liked. So, of course, when the weekend came up, I had to make it. I found the recipe on http://www.icecreambeforedinner.blogspot.com/, a really great blog.
The recipe provided was http://icecreambeforedinner.blogspot.com/2008/01/mini-banana-breads.html.
I made a couple of changes throughout the many times I baked it. It never listed how many eggs are required so I always go with 2 eggs, which seems to always work out fine. For the sugar part I put 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/8 cup honey. I personally find the full 3/4 cup of sweeteners to sweet but its all based on your preference. If you replace half the butter with applesauce, it gives the banana bread the complete texture of bread. I you replace half the butter with oil, it will give the banana bread the texture of a cake being really nice and moist. Both ways don't make dramatic changes but either way, they both taste amazing. Finally, I always love adding walnuts, which I roughly chop, and just recently, I added choclate chips.

Most of the times I bake it, I don't have overripe bananas on hand, so I put mine in the microwave for a minute softining it up, and add about an extra half to bring out the banana flavor. This week, I actually made it due to these extremely overipe bananas we all refused to eat raw


I also whisked the wet ingredients instead of shaking them in a container, though I'm eager to try the shaking method


And then into the oven it went


Which baked up perfectly




Banana Bread/Cake anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment